Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Crazy Memories....


The other day I was remembering when we first moved to St. George and we lived with ma and pa Scott. We slept in the living room, which was just off of the kitchen, so very early in the morning we would hear a loud crackling... then stop...crackling...stop...crackling. It was Jaren (or "Fire") getting his mug filled with ice from the freezer door before heading off to work-- which was driving a linen truck-- which required him to wear shorts-- which reminded me of Doug on the King of Queens. Anyway Jaren was trying to be nice and not be loud, but the pausing and then some made it much worse and just dragged on the loudness. That is probably why I get so irritated when my girls are getting ice and they keep pushing for the ice again and again and again....it reminds me of being woken up so early in the morning, many years ago.

4 comments:

Jaren said...

That is a touching memory. Not touching like ooh how sweet, but touching like bla-bla-bla. Daisy, did you read my profile?

daisy said...

Yes Jaren...and I thought your profile was quite humorous. But let's be honest, there was a time (bryce canyon reunionish time) that I couldn't stand you..I mean your teasing. I let it get the better of me. Well that time has passed...and I no longer dislike you..I mean your teasing. So I hope you can understand that your funny jabs are just that...funny jabs and I now look forward to them.

Jaren said...

I will, however, take it as a compliment that you compared me to the King Of Queens guy.

Anonymous said...

Good. You should. Doug is awesome. Note: I was mostly comparing the shorts...but you obviously look better in them than him.