Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"A little something to brag about"

I know you think your father and mother are archaic when it comes to computers (because we are), but I know you will all be proud of me. My remote for the car hasn’t been working, so I went for a new battery. They said my battery was fine and I would need to get my remote reprogrammed with Toyota. So, I tried that and they said I needed a new remote and that it would be between $180 and $200 to get it. I told them I could open the door by hand for that much money. Anyway, I decided to try ebay. I found a new remote for $6 or $7 and ordered it and then did a google search for instructions to program it. Altogether, it cost me under $20 with shipping, etc. Today at noon I programmed my new remote and it works great! Can you believe it?

I tried to go on the family blog to share this great news, but it says my invite has run out. Are you trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

Shayne said...

Way to go mom. If you can figure out how to post this entry by yourself you will be on the road to computer geekdom.