Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kate


Kate holding her "free" bunny she got from the hospital

Well, what a night/day. I took Kate into the insta-care last night around 6:00p.m. She had been coughing all day and her breathing was starting to look labored and rapid. We waited 1 1/2 hours and then right after going back the doctor saw her and sent us to the ER (her oxygen levels were way too low). We were there a couple more hours, she got chest ex-rays, 2 breathing treatments, and constant oxygen. After having the oxygen for just a little while, it didn't take her long to snap out of her lethargic state. Man, she was talking a mile a minute. It was funny. She kept asking who everyone's names were when they came in to check her. And asked all sorts of questions. I really couldn't get her to stop...talking.

Well, the doctor was still concerned about her oxygen levels and that her heart rate was staying quite high so he wanted to keep her over night. Well because the pediatric wing is actually in the other hospital they had to ambulance her over there. Fun for her....will not be fun for us $$$$. Susan came over (THANKS AGAIN!) to stay with her while I went home to swap places with Shayne (Maggie needed to be fed). Shayne stayed the whole night and morning, so I don't really know the details there...I just heard she hardly slept. I guess she was pretty wired from the excitement and medications?

So she is home now and will be getting breathing treatments for a week or two. I left out what was really wrong with her because we don't really know. Ahhh kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your okay Kate! Be careful with that free/thousand dollar bunny!

Sarah said...

Dais - I came to the site to read the nice birthday comments and saw this one. I think I recognize the chair in the background?